Size and weight
Individually, the AirPods Pro are 0.86 inches (21.8mm) wide, and 1.22 inches (30.9mm) tall. They weigh 0.19 ounces (5.4 grams). Meanwhile, the charging case (which supports wireless charging from a Qi-based wireless charger) is 2.39 inches (60.6mm) wide and 1.78 inches (45.2mm) tall. The charging case weighs 1.61 ounces (45.6 grams).
The AirPods Pro are equipped with plenty of technology. That includes:
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Adaptive EQ
- Transparency mode
- Custom high-excursion Apple driver
- Vent system for pressure equalization
- Custom high dynamic range amplifier
It is also kitted out with a variety of sensors:
- Dual beamforming microphones
- Dual optical sensors
- Force sensor
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Inward-facing microphone
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
The Apple AirPods Pro feature the company’s custom H1 chip. This means the new truly wireless headphones support “Hey Siri” and easy connectivity with supported Apple products.
The AirPods Pro feature tap controls on each headphone.
- A single tap to play, pause, or answer a phone call
- Tap two times to skip a track
- Tap three times to skip back
- Press and hold to switch between the new Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode (either block out sound or hear the ambient noises around you, respectively)
- “Hey Siri” is also supported
Sweat- and water-resistance
The AirPods Pro are sweat- and water-resistant, with an IPX4 rating.
Battery & charging case
If you have Active Noise Cancellation turned on, or you use Transparency mode, the AirPods Pro can get up to 4.5 hours on a single charge. If you turn these features off, you’ll get up to five hours of listening on a single charge. You get up to 3.5 hours of talk time with the new AirPods. With the Wireless Charging Case, the AirPods Pro can get up to 24 hours of additional listening time, and up to 18 hours of additional talk time. Apple says that five minutes of charging in the case will get the AirPods Pro up to one hour of listening time, and about 1 hour of talk time.
The AirPods Pro connect wirelessly with Bluetooth 5.0.